RF-230CP (Coastal Panga) Hull Kit
For luxury or utility, this boat does it all:
This old world design features a 23′-2″ boat with a beam of 6′-8″. Open, sleek and skinny, with a semi displacement V hull that is innovative and efficient yet bearing an unmistakable kinship with traditional Panga designs. This design also features a skeg to aid in directional stability in a following sea, and plenty of storage. We believe our Panga is the right mix of low draft, roomy interior, and rugged demeaner.
The result of our multiyear engineering effort is an ISO compliant, strong, ultra-light, and fuel-efficient luxury or utility craft that you can build in about a month.
General Hull Highlights:
All-composite hull structure designed by industry leading marine engineers and material specialists.
- 3D Engineered hull designed to exceed ISO 12215-5:2008 and 12217-1:2002 standards for strength and buoyancy
- Precision CNC-cut interlocking hull components
- Positive buoyancy foam system designed for maximum on the water safety
- ISO rated @ 90hp and 35 mph
- Max. hull rating: 3500 lbs.
- Hull length: 23.2 feet
- Waterline length: 20.4 feet
- Hull beam: 6.8 feet
- Draft: 9.5″ @ 1850 lbs.
- Occupancy: 8
RF-230CP Product Info:
RF-230CP-CK-01 Panga Hull Kit
Hull Kit Includes:
- Builders Starter Kit:
- Adhesives, resins, fairing putty, mixing buckets, fiberglass, and an assortment of hand tools – $1000 value
- Build instruction
- Building Jig:
- 2×4 framing with cross members set at the correct build heights
- Frame Kit:
- 0.75″ and 1″ Coosa Bluewater 26 bulkheads
- 1.5″ Coosa Bluewater 26 transom
- 0.75″ Coosa Bluewater 26 main stringers
- 2″ Coosa Bluewater 26 stem kit
- Decking Kit:
- 0.5″ Guirt 100 PVC core decking kit including storage boxes
- 1″ Coosa Bluewater 26 lower decking kit (supports fuel tanks)
- Hull Kit
- 0.5″ Gurit 100 PVC panels kit
- Center Console with Baitwell Kit
- 0.25″ Coosa panels kit with windscreen (grab rail shown but not included with kit)
- Free Tech Support
Note: This kit contains the frame kit as shown above. Grab rail, windscreen, and tube leaning seat frame are available for purchase.
Powering Analysis 60 – 90 HP
- RF-230CP-01.A_Powering Analysis _9.5 Inch Draft _ 60 HP Engine_Rev.0
- RF-230CP-01.A_Powering Analysis _9.5 Inch Draft _ 70 HP Engine_Rev.0
- RF-230CP-01.A_Powering Analysis _9.5 Inch Draft _ 90 HP Engine_Rev.0
Intact Stability Report
Q: Why should I buy a Roosterfish Boat kit instead of retrofitting an older wooden boat?
A: You will spend far less time building our boat kit out than it takes to strip an older hull in preparation for retrofit. You will also likely find in the strip you have wood rot that must be replaced. The transom area is always suspect.
Q: It seems your boats kit is more expensive than others I have seen. Why is this?
A: Our price itself does not tell the full story. Composites are inherently more expensive than plywood because they will not rot, mold, and are bug resistant – a huge bonus is they are also 30% lighter than plywood. However, using composites and precise machining, our boat kits are designed to create strong assemblies as every piece precisely and quickly nests together. Since no fasteners are required as parts are tab glued together, the overall time to the water is greatly reduced and expensive shop manufacturing isn’t paid for as in expensive dealer boats. Bottom line, you save 30%.
Q: How does your after sales support work?
A: We offer 3 levels of support ranging from phone calls and emails to video conferences that walk our builders thru issues and questions. Other wood kit providers will sell plans or pre-cut plywood panels and a minimal set of drawings.
Q: How much of your kit is recycled materials?
A: Great question! Around half of the materials in this great boat are recycled composite cores like PVC and PET. When laminated, they provide higher strength to weight ratios over other wood products.