RF-162TS Extreme Surf Hull Kit
Stealth in a low cost DIY package:
When it comes to fishing the skinniest of flats, we at RoosterFish designed our outstanding technical poling skiff to allow our customers to float in mere inches of water.
Our builders will have the ability to pole to within casting distance of the wariest fish such as Permit and Bonefish with the stealth and precision of the most expensive skiffs on the market.
RoosterFish composite core construction and advanced boatbuilding techniques have resulted in a unique ultralight skiff that wont break the bank. The RF-162TS has a dry hull weight of a mere 275 lbs.
Our Unique Hull:
- Displacement Approx. 425 lbs. total weight with 25 – 30hp outboard, fuel, ice, and all rigging
- Outboard max weight 165
- Dry hull weight 275 lbs.
- Room for 6 USG fuel tank / battery
- Easily repaired (unlike carbon)
- 3D Engineered hull designed to exceed ISO 12215-5:2008 and 12217-1:2002 standards for strength and buoyancy
- Precision CNC-cut interlocking hull components
- Hull length: 16.2 feet
- Waterline length: 13.3 feet
- Hull beam: 5 foot deck, 4.1 feet at transom
- Draft: Approx. 5 inches at rest
- Occupancy: 2
RF-162TS Extreme Surf Hull Features
RF-162TS Extreme Surf Hull Plan:
RF-162TS ES Product Info:
RF-162TS-CK-01 ES Hull Kit – $3,999
Hull Kit Includes:
- Builders Starter Kit:
- Adhesives, resins, fairing putty, mixing buckets, fiberglass, and an assortment of hand tools
- Build instructions
- Frame Kit:
- Recycled PVC core stringers and transverses
- Coosa transom
- Decking Kit:
- Recycled PVC core top decking and dugout panels
- Hull Panel Kit
- Recycled PVC core panels
- Free Tech Support
- Received pieces may vary from shown based on kit productions
- As a custom service, we will be happy to tailor the layout as desired. Transom height can also be adjusted for various outboard shaft lengths. Small service charges apply.
- Trim Package Kit (Sold Separately):
- Poling platform with deck
- Cooler rack designed for a 65 Yeti with integral grab-steering pillion (cooler not included)
- Seat frame with composite cushion backers.
Q: Why should I buy a Roosterfish Boat kit instead of retrofitting an older wooden boat?
A: You will spend far less time building our boat kit out than it takes to strip an older hull in preparation for retrofit. You will also likely find in the strip you have wood rot that must be replaced. The transom area is always suspect.
Q: It seems your boats kit is more expensive than others I have seen. Why is this?
A: Our price itself does not tell the full story. Composites are inherently more expensive than plywood because they will not rot, mold, and are bug resistant – a huge bonus is they are also 30% lighter than plywood. However, using composites and precise machining, our boat kits are designed to create strong assemblies as every piece precisely and quickly nests together. Since no fasteners are required as parts are tab glued together, the overall time to the water is greatly reduced and expensive shop manufacturing isn’t paid for as in expensive dealer boats. Bottom line, you save 30%.
Q: How does your after sales support work?
A: We offer 3 levels of support ranging from phone calls and emails to video conferences that walk our builders thru issues and questions. Other wood kit providers will sell plans or pre-cut plywood panels and a minimal set of drawings.
Q: How much of your kit is recycled materials?
A: Great question! Around 90% of the materials in this great boat are recycled composite cores like PVC and PET. When laminated, they provide higher strength to weight ratios over other wood products.