Hull Kit Includes:
- Builders Starter Kit:
- Adhesives, resins, fairing putty, mixing buckets, fiberglass, and an assortment of hand tools
- Build instructions
- Frame Kit:
- Recycled PVC core stringers and transverses
- Coosa transom
- Decking Kit:
- Recycled PVC core top decking and dugout panels
- Hull Panel Kit
- Free Tech Support
- Received pieces may vary from shown based on kit productions
- As a custom service, we will be happy to tailor the layout as desired. Transom height can also be adjusted for various outboard shaft lengths. Small service charges apply.
- Trim Package Kit (Sold Separately):
- Poling platform with deck
- Cooler rack designed for a 65 Yeti with integral grab-steering pillion (cooler not included)
- Seat frame with composite cushion backers.
Q: Why should I buy a Roosterfish Boat kit instead of retrofitting an older wooden boat?
A: You will spend far less time building our boat kit out than it takes to strip an older hull in preparation for retrofit. You will also likely find in the strip you have wood rot that must be replaced. The transom area is always suspect.
Q: It seems your boats kit is more expensive than others I have seen. Why is this?
A: Our price itself does not tell the full story. Composites are inherently more expensive than plywood because they will not rot, mold, and are bug resistant – a huge bonus is they are also 30% lighter than plywood. However, using composites and precise machining, our boat kits are designed to create strong assemblies as every piece precisely and quickly nests together. Since no fasteners are required as parts are tab glued together, the overall time to the water is greatly reduced and expensive shop manufacturing isn’t paid for as in expensive dealer boats. Bottom line, you save 30%.
Q: How does your after sales support work?
A: We offer 3 levels of support ranging from phone calls and emails to video conferences that walk our builders thru issues and questions. Other wood kit providers will sell plans or pre-cut plywood panels and a minimal set of drawings.
Q: How much of your kit is recycled materials?
A: Great question! Around 90% of the materials in this great boat are recycled composite cores like PVC and PET. When laminated, they provide higher strength to weight ratios over other wood products.