24V-150aH, 36V-100aH Battery Kit Dimensions:
- RF-24150-1-BT-L: 70 lbs.
- RF-36100-1-BT-L: 92 lbs.
*2 chargers are shown for location and dimensions only. One charger supplied per kit.
Q. How does LiFePO4 provide so much more power vs lead acid?
- It starts with energy density. Lithium delivers 125-600+ Wh/L versus 50-90 Wh/L for lead acid batteries. That is why it is the predominate battery chemistry used around the world.
- Is also more efficient at delivering power to a load. Remember that power is the product of the voltage and current. LiFePO4 has a very flat voltage discharge curve, the lead acid battery voltage decreases as you discharge the battery, effectively losing power as you drain the battery.
Bottom line, RoosterFish run-long LiFeP04 batteries will provide 50% more usable capacity than lead acid in a trolling motor application.
Q. Why LiFePO4 vs Traditional Lead Acid Battery?
- LiFePO4 packs a punch
- With over 6X the energy density of traditional lead acid chemistry, Lithium allows for much lower weight along with longer run times
- LiFePO4 is much more efficient at accepting charge
- This allows for 5-8X faster charge cycles
- LiFePO4 is much more efficient at delivering power
- Have you ever noticed that your trolling motor gets “tired” half way through your fishing day. That’s because the combination of high continuous discharge and high temperatures causes lead acid battery voltage to quickly decrease. Lithium is rock steady with a flat discharge curve (just like your cell phone).
- LiFePO4 batteries will likely outlive your boat
- Lead acid will provide for approximately 700 charge cycles. In marine use conditions, 2 years is a typical lifetime due to deep discharge, storage and temperature. Lithium batteries allow for over 6000 charge/discharge cycles with no adverse affects from the environment.
- LiFePO4 is low maintenance
- Lead acid requires constant maintenance to add water, check acid levels, clean corrosion, float charge. Lithium is completely sealed so no need for adding liquids. In addition, Lithium has 5x lower self discharge so no need for ”float” charging.
Q. LiFePO4 batteries look expensive compared to lead acid batteries?
This is true but its important to look at the cost over time. The average boat owner keeps his boat for 5-10 years but some much longer. Even if you change boats, you can still switch your battery to your new vessel. For discussion, let’s go with a time of ownership of 6 years where the lead acid battery will need to be replaced every two years.
* Note that this battery provides 45% more capacity and includes charger and a free custom tray.
RoosterFish Warranty for BatteriesRoosterfish customer satisfaction is paramount. We have a simple no hassle warranty & return policy:
- For all returns and warranty claims visit RMA Request.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Returns of undamaged batteries may be issued full refunds less a 6% restocking fee.
- RoosterFish LiFePO4 batteries and BMS’s are best in class. We offer a 6 year / 6000 cycle non-transferable warranty on all batteries against manufacturers defect warranty from the date of purchase. See our Policies for more information.
- 1 year standard warranty on chargers and other accessories.
- Negligence or misuse of the battery or normal wear and tear is not covered.
- Customer pays return shipping on returns or warrantied component inspections. Shipping costs for qualified returns will be refunded.
- Modifications or damage due to gross negligence or abuse are not covered by the warranty.
How do I ship it back?
Please visit https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_US/pack_ship_batteries.pdf for more information on battery shipping and regulations. Your local UPS store can assist with boxing and selection of the correct shipping methods.
- First, please confirm that the DC input voltage is DC 43.8V. The rated power of the load does not exceed 3000W. If you need some assistance with this please reach out to our tech support team at Contact Us.
- The positive and negative terminal of the battery are copper terminals, M8 internal thread with M8*16 Outer hexagon
screw; red is positive terminal, black is negative terminal.
- After the battery is discharged, please charge the battery in 12 hours.
- Please use the RoosterFish supplied charger for 24V and 36V lithium iron phosphate batteries. The charge current cannot exceed 100A.
- When connecting the charger, first confirm the positive and negative terminal of the charger output, Connecting in reverse will permanently damage the battery.
- After charging, simply disconnect the charger from the outlet.
Storage and Transportation
- According to characteristic of LiFePO4 battery, proper temperature in transportation/storage is required to protect the
- During transportation/storage, proper protection is required, 30%-50% SOC must be kept, making sure no short circuit,
no liquid entering in the battery, Never immerse battery in liquid(such as Water or Oil).
- Battery should be kept at 0℃～45℃ in warehouse where it’s dry, clean and well-ventilated if unused.
- During the process of loading and unloading, the battery should be handled with care, and avoid dropping, rolling, and
- The battery is required to be recharged every 3-6 months for extended storage; it needs to be fully charged
and discharged (fully charge, then fully discharged, and then charge it to 50%) every 6-12 months.
Warnings and TipsIn order to prevent the battery leaking, getting hot and breaking down, Please take the following precautions:
- Never throw the battery into water, Please keep it under dry, shady and cool circumstance when not use.
Never upside down the positive and negative.
- Never connect the positive and negative of battery with metal.
- Never ship or store the battery together with metal
- Never knock, throw or trample the battery.
Never cut through the battery with nail or other edge tool.
- Don’t mix old and new batteries.
- Don’t mix RoosterFish batteries with other suppliers. Our BMS is optimized and may not be compatible with other manufacturers.
- Never use or keep the battery under high temperature. Otherwise it will cause battery overheated, function failure
or shortened life. The recommended temperature for long-term storage is 10-45℃.
- Never throw the battery into fire or heating machine to avoid fire and avoid environment pollution; Wasted battery
should be returned to the supplier or handled by the recycle station.
- Never use the battery under strong static and strong magnetic field, otherwise it will destroy the BMS protection device.
- If battery leaked and the electrolyte gets into eyes, flush eyes with water and seek medical help.
- If battery emit peculiar smell, heating, distortion or any unconventionality during using, storage or charging process,
please take it off from device or from charger and notify RoosterFish.
- Never insert the battery in socket directly; please use the special LiFePO4 charger when charging.
Check the voltage of battery and relevant connectors before using the battery. Insure system reads normal.
- If the positive and negative terminal of the battery are dirty, wipe them with a dry cloth before use, otherwise it
may cause poor contact and poor function.
- If the battery pack are put in parallel, it must be ensured that the battery pack SOC are the same and voltage
difference is within 50mV.
- If battery has a short circuit, disconnect battery and notify RoosterFish. Battery may be recovered if prompt action is taken.
- If Battery has been discharged to 100%, Disconnect battery load at once and charge it within 12 hours.
- After your purchase, you will be sent a link to download the “RoosterFish Power” mobile app to monitor your new battery!